Food Bank Pick-Up
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Mornings: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Afternoons: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Call 519-273-3433 to book
healthy kids' snacks
fruit and vegetables
fresh, frozen or canned meats
hot and cold cereal
rice and side dishes
Do I Qualify?
Our food bank is for anyone in need, who lives in Stratford and surrounding rural areas.
Call 519-273-3433 or use our contact form, to see if your address is within our food bank boundaries.
How do I register?
When you call, our intake coordinator will ask you questions to create your profile in our database so that we have the information we need to best serve you and/or your family.
How does food bank pick-up work?
1. You must have an appointment. No drop-Ins permitted. Call 519-273-3433.
2. Please bring and wear a mask.
3. Only 1 person per family, per time-slot allowed in the building.
4. We provide hand-sanitizer for use in the building. Use hand-sanitizer when arriving AND before leaving.
5. Please arrive within 5 minutes of your appointment. If you are early please wait in your car.
We now have delivery, if possible we prefer to deliver to your home. Register for our online booking portal!
Online booking for food bank pick-ups will be coming soon.
How can I help?
We give an average of 25 lbs of food to each individual who uses our food bank each month. That equals 163,300 lbs of food each year!
We can't give without your help!
Here are the ways you can help:
Donate whatever you would put on the table for your family.
Pick up something extra at the grocery store.
Ask for donations of non-perishables in lieu of gifts.
Donate the surplus vegetables from your garden.
Find our more about the farmer tax credit.
Have a food drive at your work or school.
Volunteer at Stratford House of Blessing.
Volunteer at our quarterly food drive.
Donate funds, it costs a lot of money to run a food bank (costs include transportation, packaging, refrigeration).
Call us at 519-273-3433 to discuss
more ways to help!
How do I book online?
1. Make sure you are a registered client by calling 519-273-3433.
2. Register for the online portal: Visit shob.org/booking and click Register. You will only have to register once.
3. Book your delivery by visiting shob.org/booking and click Book a Service.
4. Pick a date and time that works for you. You will need to be home that morning or afternoon. When you push submit you will get a confirmation email of the time and date.
5. When you push submit you will get a confirmation email of the time and date.
What happens on delivery day?
You will get a reminder email on the day of your delivery.
Make sure an adult is home in the morning or afternoon that you booked.
A volunteer will arrive and knock on your door.
Place a basket or box outside your door and then return inside.
When the volunteer has finished placing items in the basket or box they will knock again.
You are now welcome to open the door and receive your food!
* The volunteer cannot enter your home.*
What kind of food will I get?
What you are given will depend on:
the number of people in your family
whether or not there are children
your ability to cook and store food
the amount of items we have (depends on donations)
the seasons of the year (more fresh food in the summer and fall)
*Remember, we can only give you something if we have it!*
Call 519-273-3433 for more information.